Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2009

A customer informs me I have been paid electronically for two invoices. Two? The second's not due yet, I thought. The customer being of that rare but welcome breed that not only pay on time, but send e-mails of their own volition to tell you about payment, I am not so surprised.

But wait, wait, what's the date? 1 April. Aha. After my dire Friday The Thirteenth warnings last time, when nothing bad happened in the end, I must be going paranoid, because my mind conjures up a vision of
... See more
A customer informs me I have been paid electronically for two invoices. Two? The second's not due yet, I thought. The customer being of that rare but welcome breed that not only pay on time, but send e-mails of their own volition to tell you about payment, I am not so surprised.

But wait, wait, what's the date? 1 April. Aha. After my dire Friday The Thirteenth warnings last time, when nothing bad happened in the end, I must be going paranoid, because my mind conjures up a vision of the customer giggling to the secretary, "Sure, I told him we'd paid, and the sap fell for it. What a sad nerd."

I've checked the bank, but nothing yet, so is this just a matter of bank registration times, or could it be ...

(small drum roll)

... A Cruel April Fool?
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Conspiracy Apr 1, 2009

The bank and the client are conspiring against you, Mervyn. Fight them back !

Tell the client that your entire translation was just a joke and no term is accurate or equivalent.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Money paid Apr 1, 2009

Nope, no conspiracy - the dosh has arrived.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

April Fool

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »