Off topic: Translation = Word Search Game :-)
Thread poster: Hilary Davies Shelby
Hilary Davies Shelby
Hilary Davies Shelby
United States
Local time: 04:33
German to English
+ ...
Nov 12, 2010

I was just working on a translation when an email from Friends Reunited popped into my inbox announcing new "games" available on the site. Feeling slightly bored with the translation I was working on, I was about to click on one that caught my eye.

"Word Search" it proclaimed: "Find all the hidden words before the time runs out!"

Then I realised that was exactly what I was SUPPOSED to be doing in the first place, so I went back to finishing my translation before the d
... See more
I was just working on a translation when an email from Friends Reunited popped into my inbox announcing new "games" available on the site. Feeling slightly bored with the translation I was working on, I was about to click on one that caught my eye.

"Word Search" it proclaimed: "Find all the hidden words before the time runs out!"

Then I realised that was exactly what I was SUPPOSED to be doing in the first place, so I went back to finishing my translation before the deadline!
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:33
English to Arabic
+ ...
:-)) Nov 12, 2010

... and you get paid for it too! What fun lives we lead!

Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu
Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"
Türkiye
Local time: 12:33
Turkish to English
+ ...
The differences between translation and crossword puzzle are: Jan 24, 2011

Nesrin wrote:

... and you get paid for it too! What fun lives we lead!

a)if you can solve the former you get paid and if you can solve the latter nothing happens.
b)if you cannot solve the former you are fired and if you cannot solve the latter nothing happens.

Best wishes from Turkiye,
İbrahim

Rachel Fell
Rachel Fell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Unless... Jan 24, 2011

TurkishEnglishTranslator.com "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh" wrote:

a)if you can solve the former you get paid and if you can solve the latter nothing happens.

... unless it's a prize crossword and you happen to win
I do like your name tag (or whatever it's called) "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"

Türkiye
Turkish to English
+ ...
Thanks Jan 24, 2011

Rachel Fell wrote:

I do like your name tag (or whatever it's called) "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"

Actually that was the slogan of UK-based bank named "Abbey National".*
Best,
Ibrahim

*I hope they do not mind. Queen made a song named "Mustapha Ibrahim" by using my and my father's name and I do not mind.

[Edited at 2011-01-24 15:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-01-24 15:12 GMT]

** I see that you make translations in many languages. I have also made document translations in 26 languages including Russian&Arabic, etc. until now ( I have worked as a tourist guide almost 30 years)

[Edited at 2011-01-24 15:16 GMT]

Rachel Fell
Rachel Fell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Well... Jan 24, 2011

Best,
Ibrahim

*I hope they do not mind. Queen made a song named "Mustapha Ibrahim" by using my and my father's name and I do not mind.

Well, they're "Santander" now (taken over due to the daft trading nonsense), and the way you've written it is more interesting than their patronising advertisements

Türkiye
Turkish to English
+ ...
Tĥåñkš :) Jan 25, 2011

Rachel Fell wrote:

Best,
Ibrahim

Well, they're "Santander" now (taken over due to the daft trading nonsense), and the way you've written it is more interesting than their patronising advertisements

Teşekkür ederim,

Best

İbrahim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation = Word Search Game :-)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »