Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Off topic: Another fake agency punk'd! - an exchange of emails hot off the Inbox
Thread poster: Pavle Perencevic
Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:25
English to Hungarian
+ ...
This is a classic Nov 7, 2007

I received the same offer from Mr. Thomson, and just ignored it. But next time I will certainly have fun with a reply that is similar to yours. Thanks for sharing it!
Attila

[Edited at 2007-11-07 08:49]

Idoia Echenique
Idoia Echenique  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
Still laughing! Nov 7, 2007

Just read the story today and I'm still laughing!

Thanks a lot for your story, Pavle! Finding it has been the best part of a loooong day working! Keep that brilliant sense of humour!

Idoia

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Congratulations! Apr 22, 2009

Dear Pavle, you are simply fantastic!!!
Thank you for sharing this story, I send a link to all of my translators!
Welcome in our office any time you can easily find us on the Internet))

With kind regards,
Liza Czopyk

[Módosítva: 2009-04-22 21:53 GMT]

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 10:25
Chinese to English
Re: 'Mr. X' Apr 23, 2009

re: 'Mr. X', IMO I would say that this form of business 'introduction' in English would not be uncommon amongst Chinese businessmen. Here is an example (see contact details at bottom of the page): http://www.elkemcarbon.com.cn/En_index.htm

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
An absolute winner Apr 23, 2009

You did a great job shaking him up. Nice Show, thanks.

* laughs *

" Thomson" with "flawless" English and IP from India.

Omg, I'm laughing hysterically here... And please say hello to Fifi from me, since we were in the same class in high-school.

Arvind Raman
Arvind Raman
Singapore
German to English
+ ...
I wasnt the only one May 20, 2009

Well this guy approached me in 2007 as well, I did get duped. However at my first glance at PO I did notice the irregularity in his address but somehow I ignored it. then later I saw TX and I realised how TX can hbe in UK. Thats when I got the POint.

I am currently having some assignment as well, I am not very sure about this Guy as well. He has given a name Richard Wright from Cambridge UK. Anyone here has any ideas about it. I cant really comment as of now if this guy is fake but
... See more
Well this guy approached me in 2007 as well, I did get duped. However at my first glance at PO I did notice the irregularity in his address but somehow I ignored it. then later I saw TX and I realised how TX can hbe in UK. Thats when I got the POint.

I am currently having some assignment as well, I am not very sure about this Guy as well. He has given a name Richard Wright from Cambridge UK. Anyone here has any ideas about it. I cant really comment as of now if this guy is fake but I do have doubts.

Let me know if anyone heard abt this guy.

Cheers

[Edited at 2009-05-20 14:50 GMT]
Collapse

Arvind Raman
Arvind Raman
Singapore
German to English
+ ...
IP May 20, 2009

IP address from India ??? I found the IP address in Mountain view, California.
I just happened to check this now? Dont know if this is showing the current location of the PC or the time when he wrote me email which was in 2007...

Arvind

Lingua 5B wrote:

* laughs *

Omg, I'm laughing hysterically here... And please say hello to Fifi from me, since we were in the same class in high-school.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
.. May 20, 2009

Hi, sorry, I just followed the comments in this thread, where someone said it is an IP from India. Read all the comments as someone mentioned this is IP from India. I am not sure how to check it anyway, so I trusted the comments here.

" Thomson" and California are still incongruous with the " poor English" , though

Arvind Raman wrote:

IP address from India ??? I found the IP address in Mountain view, California.
I just happened to check this now? Dont know if this is showing the current location of the PC or the time when he wrote me email which was in 2007...

Arvind

Lingua 5B wrote:

* laughs *

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
THANKSSSSS! May 20, 2009

Wow. I'm impressed! Congratulations, and thanks for the laughs!!!!!

conejo
conejo  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:25
Japanese to English
+ ...
Wow.... May 20, 2009

This is great. I live in Texas, and I am fairly certain there is no such place as Buckinghamshire Texas. Lol

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another fake agency punk'd! - an exchange of emails hot off the Inbox

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »