Is there some app, trick, or macro to select-all-ignore-all on QA for server projects?
Thread poster: Adieu
Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Nov 27, 2021

I've got a client who really loves that crap.

Unfortunately, that sometimes involves 20 minutes of furious clicking for a bad scan of a long standard form.

With literally thousands of instances of the same false positive "inconsistent translation of..." when the scan OCR sees Latin instead of Cyrillic letters in instances of the same word and hundreds of fun tidbits like "Yes, I once again confirm that I *DO* know that the English translation of the Ukrainian word for H
... See more
I've got a client who really loves that crap.

Unfortunately, that sometimes involves 20 minutes of furious clicking for a bad scan of a long standard form.

With literally thousands of instances of the same false positive "inconsistent translation of..." when the scan OCR sees Latin instead of Cyrillic letters in instances of the same word and hundreds of fun tidbits like "Yes, I once again confirm that I *DO* know that the English translation of the Ukrainian word for Hospital does NOT, in fact, contain the words Doctor or Physician" (seriously???)

Is there some way to magically "Select and Ignore All"?

Because let's face it, if there are several thousand check boxes, you're not actually reading and examining that crap, you're just clicking until your hand cramps up. You MIGHT notice a real error by accident, but that time is far better spent exporting it to docx and re-reading the final copy.

[Edited at 2021-11-27 12:37 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-11-27 12:40 GMT]
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:39
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have you tried to ignore all of each type? Nov 27, 2021

By marking all issues of one type as ignored, you make them all go away! I use it all the time when I see lists of things I am aware.

When you are in a QA issue you want to ignore in all segments:
- In the ribbon, under the Review tab, pull down the Ignore button with the little down arrow. Then choose "Ignore all of this kind".

- If the "kind" in question can be subdivided, like for instance, ignore all number mismatches or ignore just this particular number mism
... See more
By marking all issues of one type as ignored, you make them all go away! I use it all the time when I see lists of things I am aware.

When you are in a QA issue you want to ignore in all segments:
- In the ribbon, under the Review tab, pull down the Ignore button with the little down arrow. Then choose "Ignore all of this kind".

- If the "kind" in question can be subdivided, like for instance, ignore all number mismatches or ignore just this particular number mismatch in several places, you can choose your option at this moment.

(To hide the issues you have marked as Ignore already, simply choose the "Hide Ignored Items" button in the ribbon).

I hope this helps! QA is a feature that, if you tune it a bit (you can do so in the Resource console > QA Settings > Create a set of settings, then play with the options), it will serve you very nicely and will help you avoid embarrasing mistakes (especially with numbers, tags, terminology...).
Collapse

Adieu

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh wow Nov 27, 2021

I was under the impression that I was locked out of this option (because I didn't know how to use it), but it seems to work.

It's still obnoxious, but at least I can ignore-all on the most obnoxious things fairly quickly.

Thank you!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:39
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Tweaking needed Nov 27, 2021

Adieu wrote:
It's still obnoxious, but at least I can ignore-all on the most obnoxious things fairly quickly.

You might find that you can disable certain checks in the QA settings if you never need to see/check them. Just go to that area and give it a try! We had some of this at first in the office but learned to leave out some of the constant false positives as a way to focus on actual issues the QA feature was built to find.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there some app, trick, or macro to select-all-ignore-all on QA for server projects?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »