A saved project will not open correctly, message says "There is an error in XML document (0, 0)."
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:52
Member (2006)
French to English
Dec 8, 2021

Hello, I'm using MemoQ 2015 with no problem, I'm working on a large project for a new client, I had done 75% of the job last night but when I started the PC today my project list has disappeared from MemoQ!! When I started work today and opened MemoQ the project was showing with "Primo" added to the end, which I've never seen before.
A saved project will not open correctly, message says "There is an error in XML document (0, 0)." I can view the TM in the project and the 2 documents, but h
... See more
Hello, I'm using MemoQ 2015 with no problem, I'm working on a large project for a new client, I had done 75% of the job last night but when I started the PC today my project list has disappeared from MemoQ!! When I started work today and opened MemoQ the project was showing with "Primo" added to the end, which I've never seen before.
A saved project will not open correctly, message says "There is an error in XML document (0, 0)." I can view the TM in the project and the 2 documents, but hey are showing 0% completion and when I try to open either of the documents in the project the above error message appears, I've tried creating a new project and importing the files again but it does not work. I just tried again to open the project from "My MemoQ projects" and although the project file is visible in the folder the project does not even open now, I don't know what to do. Is there another way to access the project TM and export it so I can add it to a new project...? I tried another way to re-import the files to a new project but I get the following message "Font '' cannot be found." The problem may be because although the job is FR to EN the client told me the target language is indicated as Korean (the client is Korean) but it has not caused a problem so far. I think the only way I can retrieve the work I've done is to find the TM or open the project file in the My MemoQ project folder. Help, I"ve lost 75% of the job which is due today!!

Another error message says "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

[Edited at 2021-12-08 11:54 GMT]
Collapse

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Try using the support form on their website Dec 8, 2021

If your license is expired or non-existent, don't mention that and they'll reply in a matter of minutes and hopefully tell you how to fix this bug

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A saved project will not open correctly, message says "There is an error in XML document (0, 0)."

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »