Thread poster: Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:45
Member (2006)
French to English
Feb 8, 2022

Hello I recently updated to MemoQ 9.10, it has been working perfectly but this am when I tried to open I project I was working on yesterday, I cannot open this project (I can open other recent projects, even though they were no longer showing on the dashboard) - here is the error message:

System.InvalidOperationException

There is an error in XML document (0, 0).

SOURCE:
System.Xml

CALL STACK:
at System.Xml.Seriali
... See more
Hello I recently updated to MemoQ 9.10, it has been working perfectly but this am when I tried to open I project I was working on yesterday, I cannot open this project (I can open other recent projects, even though they were no longer showing on the dashboard) - here is the error message:

System.InvalidOperationException

There is an error in XML document (0, 0).

SOURCE:
System.Xml

CALL STACK:
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
at Kilgray.Utils.SerializationHelper.DeserializeXML(Type objType, String filePath, Type[] extraTypes)
at MemoQ.Project.ProjectDocument.LoadProjectInfo(String filePath)
------------------ Inner exception ------------------

TYPE:
System.Xml.XmlException

SOURCE:
System.Xml

CALL STACK:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderProjectInfo.Read85_ProjectInfo()

I have already tried the following solutions which were in the help section here, see in the attached screenshots.....

And I have deleted the "Monolingualreview.XML" and "TermExtract.XML" files from the project's folder as suggested on the Kilgray website, but I still can't open this project.

I've contacted Kilgray support but would like to ask here in the meantime.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:45
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Recreate the project Feb 8, 2022

The project seems to have become corrupted. You should be able to recreate the project anew from the original source documents (the Reimport option). Then populate the target segments from the TM to where you left off.

[Edited at 2022-02-09 13:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening project throws XML error

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »