Han D S Rhe
South Korea
Local time: 00:35
Member (2019)
English to Korean
+ ...
Apr 20, 2022

Hi everyone,

I'm here to ask for help regarding importing a .cs file to MemoQ.

If you are not familiar with what cs files are, they are files with the .cs extension and are source code files for C# programming language.

What needs to be done here are:
1. Importing a .cs file to MemoQ
2. Creating an analysis report.

The client insists on providing a .cs file for me to work with, but this is posing some issues as memoQ does not suppor
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm here to ask for help regarding importing a .cs file to MemoQ.

If you are not familiar with what cs files are, they are files with the .cs extension and are source code files for C# programming language.

What needs to be done here are:
1. Importing a .cs file to MemoQ
2. Creating an analysis report.

The client insists on providing a .cs file for me to work with, but this is posing some issues as memoQ does not support .cs file. Also, I will be required to run an analysis to check on the word counts and fuzzy matches.

Would there be any viable way to work a .cs file on memoQ?

Much appreciate your help in advance. Thank you all.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:35
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
CS files in MemoQ Apr 20, 2022

A .cs file is a text file, so MemoQ can open it by selecting "All files" in the Open dialog box, then using the Plain text filter.

However, this won't do you much good, because the text will be displayed, but presumably what you will need to translate in MemoQ will be the text strings between quote marks, which MemoQ doesn't differentiate. You might be able to translate the strings, with difficulty, but you would not be able to run an analysis.

Han D S Rhe

Han D S Rhe
Han D S Rhe
South Korea
Local time: 00:35
Member (2019)
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 20, 2022

John Fossey wrote:

A .cs file is a text file, so MemoQ can open it by selecting "All files" in the Open dialog box, then using the Plain text filter.

However, this won't do you much good, because the text will be displayed, but presumably what you will need to translate in MemoQ will be the text strings between quote marks, which MemoQ doesn't differentiate. You might be able to translate the strings, with difficulty, but you would not be able to run an analysis.

Thank you for your help, John.

It was a bit baffling to get a .cs file. I'll have to request a different file in a compatible format next time.

Have a great day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ CS file import & running analytics

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »