MateuszLodz
MateuszLodz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:25
Polish to English
+ ...
May 25, 2022

Hello,

How can I make memQ auto-propagate / insert all patch matches (say with > 90% match rate) into the translation grid?

Right now I need to click on the preceding segment and hit Ctrl + Enter to make memoQ insert the patch match.

Related settings:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/zLQ9Pzm

MateuszLodz
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
pictures with specific example May 25, 2022

Before confirming preceding segment: patch match not inserted, but grey-colored percentage match rate of !94% is visible.

https://postimg.cc/RqnbcjVD

After confirming preceding segment patch match gets inserted.

https://postimg.cc/jLtQL9WN

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:25
Danish to English
+ ...
'Automatically proceed …' May 25, 2022

Try 'Automatically proceed to process further segments, until a segment meets the Goto next conditions' (in v9.10, it is called 'Keep processing segments until one meets Goto next conditions').

If you want it to process the whole file, start be filtering by the criteria you want, and then set a Goto next condition that it won't find. Or pre-translate the file, possibly after having filtered it.

MateuszLodz
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, but May 25, 2022

Thanks for your help.

The "Automatically Goto" function makes the program jump to the next untranslated segment and then inserts the patch match suggestion into the grid on its own, so I don't have to hit Ctrl+Enter on the preceding segment, but in this particular file I do need to carefully review all the segments, confirmed and unconfirmed, so jumping every dozen segments or so doesn't work for me.

What do you mean by "*filtering* by the criteria you want"?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:25
Danish to English
+ ...
What do you really want? May 25, 2022

You said you wanted to insert all patch matches. You can do that with pre-translation or the 'Automatically proceed' setting.

This is what I mean with 'filtering'. Filter to display only the segments where you want patch matches inserted, then let memoQ insert them in one go.

Screenshot 2022-05-25 115903

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make memoQ (8.1) auto-propagate patch matches into translation grid

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »