Thread poster: DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 29, 2011

Hi guys)

I recently have upgraded my PC and have my HDD replaced, but occasionally I did forget to save some VBA macros which helped me greatly... The problem is I cannot find them now because they were taken from different sources and mostly were remakes and recombinations of many...

Thus I've got a question to those who are good at VBA (there're quite many, if I remember correctly):

1) Many of you work with phpBB/HTML tags for marking bold/italic/underlin
... See more
Hi guys)

I recently have upgraded my PC and have my HDD replaced, but occasionally I did forget to save some VBA macros which helped me greatly... The problem is I cannot find them now because they were taken from different sources and mostly were remakes and recombinations of many...

Thus I've got a question to those who are good at VBA (there're quite many, if I remember correctly):

1) Many of you work with phpBB/HTML tags for marking bold/italic/underlined, but how to prepare (mark-up) a formatted .DOC for the Internet version correctly as a plain text to paste?

For example, there's a sentence "Press OK to blah-blah-blah" which should now read as "Press [ b ]OK[ /b ] to blah-blah-blah".

2) How to replace active hypertext links with their plain text links in brackets?

For instance, there's a hypertext link saying "Check *this* document blah-blah-blah" which should be replaced with "Check *this* (http:/www.document.com) document blah-blah-blah"?

They are two macros I'm missing so much... Indeed, one who seeks will find, but I've been already searching for it for almost three days, and I'm also searching here. Hope it would be useful for many colleagues too

TY
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

VBA: Tags in MS Word

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »