Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:38
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 15, 2016

Hello Collegues
I'm working on Windows 7 - Office 2010 on a Virtual Machine with Parallels.

I've installed Office 2010 to get the spellchecker for MemoQ. But it seems there are no dictionaries and spellcheck is not allowed. This problem also affects Word documents, therefore it seems the problem is Office and not MemoQ.

The strange, is that I also use Studio 2014 on the same Windows/VM and I could run spellcheck even if there was not Office installed.

... See more
Hello Collegues
I'm working on Windows 7 - Office 2010 on a Virtual Machine with Parallels.

I've installed Office 2010 to get the spellchecker for MemoQ. But it seems there are no dictionaries and spellcheck is not allowed. This problem also affects Word documents, therefore it seems the problem is Office and not MemoQ.

The strange, is that I also use Studio 2014 on the same Windows/VM and I could run spellcheck even if there was not Office installed.

Do you have any idea how I can get the spellchecker?

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
Local time: 13:38
English to Russian
+ ...
32 or 64? Jan 16, 2016

What kind of MS Office you are using? 32-bit or 64? PM please

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell checker not present in Word 2010

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »