Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How do you track your translation/interpretation projects?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:13
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Email tasks + homemade database Oct 3, 2020

As a more immediate tool, I use the calendar in Thunderbird to convert handoff emails to Tasks - these are listed in a side bar in the email program. There I can check off each task after it is finished.
Then I have an OpenOffice database containing tables for all clients, projects and invoices, forms for adding data, and some useful queries. I update it at the end of each month during invoicing.
I've been using this system almost since I started my business, and while it's not very
... See more
As a more immediate tool, I use the calendar in Thunderbird to convert handoff emails to Tasks - these are listed in a side bar in the email program. There I can check off each task after it is finished.
Then I have an OpenOffice database containing tables for all clients, projects and invoices, forms for adding data, and some useful queries. I update it at the end of each month during invoicing.
I've been using this system almost since I started my business, and while it's not very advanced or user-friendly, it's at least tailored to my way of working (plus creating the DB was quite a learning experience!).
Collapse

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 04:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
Word documents and Google Calendar Oct 3, 2020

That's it. Almost all my jobs are relatively large and I seldom have more than two going at a time. so it's easy enough to keep track. I have created templates for all the Word docs that I use (quote, invoice, time on the job, errata, etc.).

I don't necessarily recommend my system to young translators starting out, but it has served me well.

--Jane

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you track your translation/interpretation projects?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »