Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:36
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
Nov 5, 2008

Hello,

when you (want to) react to a job offer on Proz, where the customer is asking you to send your CV, yet the only answer option is "Submit Quote", no e-mail given directly in the ad, what do you do? Refer to your profile or try to look up the contact e-mail and respond that way? I have noticed this several times and would like to know the actual customer expectations etc... Thanks!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:36
English to German
+ ...
Mention the main points in the quote, and request full contact details Nov 5, 2008

Hi Tomas,
AFAIK ProZ.com staff are aware of the inability to attach a CV to a quote.

What I would suggest until this has been rectified is to include the main items of your profile in the quote, and to request full contact details (which you will need anyway before working for a new client).

Best regards,
Ralf

Sonja Köppen
Sonja Köppen  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Send file beta Nov 5, 2008

I've used the send file beta function in this situation (the customer had a profile in that case).

Kind regards,
Sonja

Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
United States
Local time: 11:36
English to Polish
+ ...
Copy and paste Nov 5, 2008

You can also try pasting your CV in the message box.

RichardDeegan
RichardDeegan
Local time: 11:36
Spanish to English
Via contact page Nov 6, 2008

I would indicate within the bid that vc is being sent by separate e-mail, then use the contact page to send an e-mail with the cv, using the exact same title as I put for the bid, plus "CV".
C6P of a cv into a mail will usually make it look like disorganized garbage, due to the format being chewed up.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The job poster asks for CV - but he gives no e-mail

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »