Thread poster: HankHill
HankHill
HankHill
United States
Local time: 15:02
Japanese to English
+ ...
Jan 26, 2009

I'm getting a bit annoyed at my recent jobs on this site. I apply for numerous ones hoping for some luck, but no one ever replies back. I notice that jobs end up being closed without me ever getting a response back from the client. I find this incredibly rude and not fair. I'd think clients would be aware that if you were to apply for a job that may take out a hefty amount of time, that means that you can't go ahead and make prior engagements with other job offers. I sometimes miss out of a job ... See more
I'm getting a bit annoyed at my recent jobs on this site. I apply for numerous ones hoping for some luck, but no one ever replies back. I notice that jobs end up being closed without me ever getting a response back from the client. I find this incredibly rude and not fair. I'd think clients would be aware that if you were to apply for a job that may take out a hefty amount of time, that means that you can't go ahead and make prior engagements with other job offers. I sometimes miss out of a job opportunity because I await a simple reply to at least tell me if I am being considered or not. But not a single client so far ever replies unless they're going to hire me. That obviously makes me happy if I get hired, but when they can't even respond back to let me know someone else was given the job, that just really gets on my nerves.

This is a community, and I think it is only fair to help each other out here. If I were to apply for something, and then they don't respond until a week later, only when I possibly have made another arrangement, that screws both parties over in my opinion. I lose what could have been a potential job that pays good, and they have to look for someone else.

I hope my thoughts are clear enough. I mostly just want to know others opinions on the matter. I think it is only common courtesy and doesn't take much time to e-mail an applicant back to at least inform them of the situation of the job they applied for. It seems unprofessional and not too considerate of the efforts of anyone who may work hard at this job.

Please share your thoughts.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Common courtesy

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »