Thread poster: Robert Forstag
Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:38
English to Hebrew
+ ...
More paperwork usually equales less value Jun 13, 2013

I think that most professional translators 3-5 years or more into their career would agree that most times there is a reverse correlation between the amount of red-tape and paperwork sent by an agency and its value as an agency client.

The bottom line is that there are many opportunities out there each day, but not all of them are equal. The biggest mistake to make is to treat all opportunities as equal or to dwell (too much) on those low quality ones instead of dismissing them and
... See more
I think that most professional translators 3-5 years or more into their career would agree that most times there is a reverse correlation between the amount of red-tape and paperwork sent by an agency and its value as an agency client.

The bottom line is that there are many opportunities out there each day, but not all of them are equal. The biggest mistake to make is to treat all opportunities as equal or to dwell (too much) on those low quality ones instead of dismissing them and moving forward.

[Edited at 2013-06-13 16:46 GMT]
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Improvements to the on page text defining what accepted means Jun 13, 2013

Thank you for the feedback, I don't know the motivations of the job poster, but perhaps a little on page text as to what accepted means or entails would assist job posters in using the accepted quote feature more appropriately.

I will work on some helpful text to display on page.

Thanks

Drew

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your quote has been accepted! [Well, not really….]

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »