Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Dec 7, 2006

Just browsing... in looking at this job offer, it gives no indication of all as to WHERE such language teachers are needed.

Wouldn't that seem to be rather important information?

The company appears to be located in India, but then again, even that is a big country, and yet that does not mean the job location is there also.

Shouldn't that be required information, I ask, to anyone who may be qualified to answer?

italia
italia  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:35
Italian to German
+ ...
your're absolutely right Dec 7, 2006

Hi Henry
I have been organizing both in-house courses and online tutoring since 1998 and was also wondering where these courses were to be held. Maybe the company simply forgot to add this indispensable detail, which should definitely be required information.
BW

[Edited at 2006-12-07 09:15]

florence metzger
florence metzger  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
online courses Dec 10, 2006

I had a contact for this job. They want to start online courses for different languages (for individuals and corporates). No need to live in India.
Florence

vedaramesh
vedaramesh
Local time: 15:05
English to Japanese
+ ...
Language Teachers_ where? Dec 10, 2006

Friend
Your question is absolutely right. One should know which is the Job location. Some times it may be near you or may be far off. But unless you know the location it is difficult to post your resume for the Job. Some times the advertisers wanting to keep thier identity secret by oversight they must have forgotten to mention the location of the Job. Since I am working with a Newspaper organisation and that too in the advertisements accounts department Some time I find such a gravious mi
... See more
Friend
Your question is absolutely right. One should know which is the Job location. Some times it may be near you or may be far off. But unless you know the location it is difficult to post your resume for the Job. Some times the advertisers wanting to keep thier identity secret by oversight they must have forgotten to mention the location of the Job. Since I am working with a Newspaper organisation and that too in the advertisements accounts department Some time I find such a gravious mistake committed by the advertiser.
Collapse

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
German to English
Language teachers - where? Dec 10, 2006

Henry Hinds wrote:

Just browsing... in looking at this job offer, it gives no indication of all as to WHERE such language teachers are needed.

Wouldn't that seem to be rather important information?

The company appears to be located in India, but then again, even that is a big country, and yet that does not mean the job location is there also.

Shouldn't that be required information, I ask, to anyone who may be qualified to answer?

Hi Henry - good question, but the Teaching Languages forum is for sharing techniques, trends, issues and experiences about teaching languages and not a question I'm qualified to answer, so I'm moving this topic to the Jobs forum.

Best wishes, Kim

[Edited at 2006-12-11 00:41]

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Information - Feedback Dec 10, 2006

Basically I just thought this situation should be mentioned to whomever is responsible for job postings at Proz to work on.

In addition, for all job postings I think there should be a feature whereby anyone can request a job poster to provide further information, and then for the reply to be seen by all.

I do not use the system myself, but have seen many cases where I would think people would have additional questions before applying, and not only related to location.... See more
Basically I just thought this situation should be mentioned to whomever is responsible for job postings at Proz to work on.

In addition, for all job postings I think there should be a feature whereby anyone can request a job poster to provide further information, and then for the reply to be seen by all.

I do not use the system myself, but have seen many cases where I would think people would have additional questions before applying, and not only related to location.

I'd appreciate it if you could forward this to the appropriate staff member, Kim.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Noted - thanks! Dec 11, 2006

Hi Henry,
Thanks for the suggestion - I have added this to the 'wish list' for the next Jobs release.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language Teachers - Where?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »