what does "No MLVs" mean?
Thread poster: Anne Woodall
Anne Woodall
Anne Woodall
Local time: 01:18
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 1, 2008

Should I know this? It was in a job announcement, under requirements.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Anne Mar 1, 2008

I also have no idea what does it mean. I contacted the outsourcer for a clarification.

In the future, when you notice something wrong/strange/inappropriate in a job posting, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link "Contact jobs moderators if there is a problem with this job posting" (please contact only one jobs moderator at a time). This way is much more efficient for correcting anything than posting in the forums.

Have a great weekend,
Na
... See more
I also have no idea what does it mean. I contacted the outsourcer for a clarification.

In the future, when you notice something wrong/strange/inappropriate in a job posting, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link "Contact jobs moderators if there is a problem with this job posting" (please contact only one jobs moderator at a time). This way is much more efficient for correcting anything than posting in the forums.

Have a great weekend,
Natalia
ProZ.com jobs moderator

[Edited at 2008-03-01 10:27]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
MLV = multi-language vendor Mar 1, 2008

Not sure, obviously, but given the context, this might well be it...

Best, Ralf

Anne Woodall
Anne Woodall
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok, note taken Mar 1, 2008

ok. I thought it might be a common term that everybody knew but me...

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Yep Mar 1, 2008

Yep, Multi Language Vendor.

In other words, they don't want agencies to respond, just one translator per language pair. Haven't seen the job you refer to, though.

Bert Esselink, for one, uses the term in his book on localisation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what does "No MLVs" mean?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »