Thread poster: Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Veronica Martinez
Veronica Martinez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Opera, nice! Sep 25, 2009

I downloaded Opera today following the advice of Opera users here and I have to say, it's really nice!
I used Firefox, but Opera has an integrated mail program to use with Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc, and an RSS feed.

I recommend it too

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 07:32
English to Italian
+ ...
Chrome has no rivals...but Nov 25, 2009

Stanislaw Czech wrote:

Hi,

I had to stop today using Firefox which is my favourite browser (favourite or not it kept crashing my computer every half an hour or so and I really don't have time for another reinstallation of Vista), I am using now Chrome and while I miss all these add-ons, plugging and most of all Google toolbar I am definitely impressed by how fast this browser is.

Over the time I got used to slow responses of Firefox (increasing after installation of each new extension) I even begun to believe that it is fault of the operating system rather than Firefox, but I must admit that using Chrome is very positive experience.

It is fast and I am even beginning to like its clean (emptish) interface.

I wonder what are your opinions?

Best Regards
Stanislaw

I can't do without Chrome but.........it's not a safe Browser. Since i started using it the amount of targeted spam in my email account has multiplied by 10 and i have people trying to add me on MSN all the time, something that before never happened since i am pretty anonymous on the web.
So now i still use it for everyday browsing and searching but in the awareness that Google is observing you, no matter what they tell you about your privacy being safe.
And...bear in mind this is the word of a regular Chrome user.
When i need privacy i still use Firefox in private mode.

Opera is a valid alternative. If you're worried about your privacy you should avoid Chrome as from that moment on you won't have any privacy.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Firefox v. Chrome

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »