Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:00
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 3, 2003

Hello all,

I\'ve recently updated from FM 5.5 and I\'m now translating a file straight in Frame Maker 7.0. I\'m running into a little trouble when it\'s time to translate the cross-references for Figures and other chapters, for example, Figure 2.1 or Please see \"Overview\" in page 7.

When I double-click on the cross-reference I have to translate, the Cross References box opens up, but I don\'t know very well where I need to input the new text and what\'
... See more
Hello all,

I\'ve recently updated from FM 5.5 and I\'m now translating a file straight in Frame Maker 7.0. I\'m running into a little trouble when it\'s time to translate the cross-references for Figures and other chapters, for example, Figure 2.1 or Please see \"Overview\" in page 7.

When I double-click on the cross-reference I have to translate, the Cross References box opens up, but I don\'t know very well where I need to input the new text and what\'s the procedure for applying the new cross-reference text.

Could anyone familiar with FrameMaker 7.0 please give me a helping hand?

Many thanks in advance,

ME
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:00
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
See if this works: Mar 7, 2003

In FM 6 I do it this way, I think it has not changed in FM7:

With your cross-reference text selected, choose Special < Cross Reference...; in the bottom half of the dialog box you see a pop up menu, Format:, with the format applied to your cross-reference.

Next to this you have the Edit Format button.

Click on it and in the d/box you\'ll see the \"Definition\", made up of tags (don\'t touch them) + text, which you can translate.

For instance, yo
... See more
In FM 6 I do it this way, I think it has not changed in FM7:

With your cross-reference text selected, choose Special < Cross Reference...; in the bottom half of the dialog box you see a pop up menu, Format:, with the format applied to your cross-reference.

Next to this you have the Edit Format button.

Click on it and in the d/box you\'ll see the \"Definition\", made up of tags (don\'t touch them) + text, which you can translate.

For instance, you might see something like:

See on page

where you can translate the \"See\" and \"on page\" bits.

Once you ave edited this definition, it will apply to all other cross-references in your file with the same format.

Roberta
Collapse

Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:00
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 7, 2003

Hi Roberta,

Many thanks. I will try that!

ME

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of cross-references text in Frame Maker 7.0

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »