Thread poster: Richard Varga (X)
Richard Varga (X)
Richard Varga (X)
Slovakia
Local time: 00:04
English to Slovak
+ ...
Sep 5, 2018

I am currently finding out as much about subtitling as I can.

Now I wonder what's the process is when you have a video in source language and you are to produce a target language subtitle.
How do you go about transcription and translation?

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:04
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
My workflow Sep 5, 2018

I've described my workflow at http://www.lamensdorf.com.br/subtitling.html to have a common language with people who are less familiar with the process. As I specialize in corporate video (training, institutional, product launch), most - if not all - of these clients are complete outsiders to the film industry. This should help you too.

Be welcome to use the internal search engin
... See more
I've described my workflow at http://www.lamensdorf.com.br/subtitling.html to have a common language with people who are less familiar with the process. As I specialize in corporate video (training, institutional, product launch), most - if not all - of these clients are complete outsiders to the film industry. This should help you too.

Be welcome to use the internal search engine of my web site (the peach-colored field at the top right of every page) to search for and find more material I wrote on this subject. Just type "subtitling" there and click.
Collapse

Richard Varga (X)
Richard Varga (X)
Slovakia
Local time: 00:04
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Sep 5, 2018

José Henrique Lamensdorf wrote:

Be welcome to use the internal search engine of my web site (the peach-colored field at the top right of every page) to search for and find more material I wrote on this subject. Just type "subtitling" there and click.

Thank you, José! I've seen you participate in other subtitling threads and I was hoping for your insight as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling process from scratch

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »