Eric Hahn (X)
Eric Hahn (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:38
French to German
+ ...
Nov 16, 2008

Hello,

I would like to build up my first TM by aligning the segments of files in the source and target languages. Does this feature not exist ?

I know there is a free alignment tool, but it only seems to work with MS Word...

TIA Eric

[Edited at 2008-11-16 19:51 GMT]

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:38
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
+Tools only Nov 16, 2008

At least for the time being.

http://www.wordfast.com/Wordfast_T/Wordfast_6_T_Help.htm
Why don't you want to use Word?

Eric Hahn (X)
France
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
StarWriter Nov 16, 2008

Because I migrated to StarWriter. I thougt Wordfast 6 was a stand-alone program (it is written in Java), but it still seems not to be fully functional without MS-Word ...

NMR (X)
NMR (X)
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
No, of course it is not Nov 17, 2008

Eric Hahn wrote:

Because I migrated to StarWriter. I thougt Wordfast 6 was a stand-alone program (it is written in Java), but it still seems not to be fully functional without MS-Word ...

Wordfast is a set of Word macros. That's why it is light. (pas une "usine à gaz")

[Modifié le 2008-11-17 07:46 GMT]

Eric Hahn (X)
France
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it is ;-) Nov 17, 2008

Wordfast 6 will be available in two versions: As a traditional set of Word macros and as a platform and Word independant stand-alone Java application.
But Heartsome seems to be fine, too, and comes with an optional aligner

[Edited at 2008-11-17 09:51 GMT]

Oops, I quickly returned to Wordfast 6, seems to be somewhat userfriendlier and more reliable than Heartsome turned out to be. And the preview also works with StarWriter !

BTW, the pre-release of the Java-
... See more
Wordfast 6 will be available in two versions: As a traditional set of Word macros and as a platform and Word independant stand-alone Java application.
But Heartsome seems to be fine, too, and comes with an optional aligner

[Edited at 2008-11-17 09:51 GMT]

Oops, I quickly returned to Wordfast 6, seems to be somewhat userfriendlier and more reliable than Heartsome turned out to be. And the preview also works with StarWriter !

BTW, the pre-release of the Java-Version is freely available until the end of the year.

[Edited at 2008-11-17 16:08 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I create a TM in Wordfast 6 ?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »